Finding the best insurance rate for your vehicle in Arizona does not have to be a difficult task. There are many tools on the internet to help make it easy. Here are a few auto insurance rate saving tips for drivers in the Grand Canyon State:
1. Do some research: Visit the Arizona Department of Insurance website to find out which insurers are licensed to do business in the state. There are also tips on what companies can and cannot do and pointers on how to reduce your auto insurance rate. Before choosing a cheap deal that seems too good to be true, make sure it is from a legitimate company.
2. Shop around: Before buying a car, speak to a few insurance agents. The cost to insure the speedy sports car may be prohibitive for you. Since the car has to be insured, it’s best to know before you sign on the dotted line and purchase a car whether or not you can afford to insure it. You have to think long term.
3. Bundle your coverage: If you have a homeowner’s policy or renter’s policy, consider submitting your automobile underwriting information to the same company. Insurance companies may offer what is called a multi-line discount for providing several lines of insurance.
4. Consider taking a safety driving class: This may help shave a few dollars off of your monthly premium. However, prior to taking a class, contact the insurance company. Make sure the institution and the class are approved by your insurance company.
5. Change your deductible: Try getting quotes using deductibles such as $250, $500, and even $1,000. If you can afford to pay out of pocket whatever the higher deductible requires, you will realize savings. However, you must select the deductible intelligently, because the unexpected can and does happen.
6. Maintain good grades: Young drivers are expensive, but if you are a young driver and stay in school while maintaining good grades, you may realize a discount. Some insurance companies offer a discount if a student maintains a grade of “B” or better.
Be sure to provide the same underwriting information to all of the carriers to ensure that you’re comparing apples to apples.
Start today by getting your free quote at the top of this page!